2020.12.04 A Smart Way to Reduce Pencil Sharpening in the Classroom

Bitmoji Image of big pencilThis one is for classroom teachers. Another teacher I work with showed me his system. He has a bucket of nicely sharpened pencils ready at the beginning of every school day. This way when a student needs a sharpened pencil they simply exchange their failing point with a fresh one.

Gone are the days of students breaking the tips off their pencil so they can play with the sharpener. No more will the silly student stand at the sharpener grinding away while you are trying to instruct your class. 

Why didn't I think of this years ago!

In case a student is trading in a pencil that is held dear for one with a sharp point, the teacher sets it aside to sharpen and return the next day. That way there is no arguing over "That's my pencil and he took it!"

I love this because I love anything that makes our lives easier as teachers.

Comments

Popular Posts